Codes & Standards - Purchase
GAS TRADE: UNIT 18 (6th ed. pub. 2019)
Gas Trade: Unit 18 - Water heaters and combination systems
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Installation of new and replacement gas water heaters form a normal part of your duties as a gas technician/fitter. The types of heater, controls, components and piping systems vary greatly as do the installation requirements for each type. A thorough understanding of gas-fired water heaters and combination system installation, servicing and maintenance will ensure that the hot water requirements are adequate for the building.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Identify and understand the operation of gas-fired water heaters;
• Identify and understand the operation of combination systems;
• Size and install gas-fired hot water heating and combination systems; and
• Service hot water heating and combination systems.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel