Gas Trade: Unit 15 - Pressure regulators, overpressure protection, meters, and fuel containers
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Before the installation of any piping and appliance systems inside a building, gas technicians/fitters must plan the location of gas meters, propane storage containers, and gas pressure regulators. These are key elements in the supply of fuel gas to the installation and will determine many important aspects of the work that follows. This unit deals with the nature of these items and the installation and maintenance procedures that apply to them.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Choose and install the correct gas pressure regulator for a system;
• Explain the need for overpressure protection and how to achieve this;
• Read and clock meters; and
• Identify and plan for the correct use of propane cylinders and tanks.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.