Gas Trade: Unit 14 - The building as a system
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Technological advances in the construction industry that make buildings more energy-efficient, comfortable, and cost-effective have carried with them the need for tradespeople to understand the building as a whole system. Every piece of work done on the building has an impact on other parts of the building’s construction. As a gas technician, it is important that you understand the principles of heat, moisture, air flow, and demands for air, and how they interact with present-day construction requirements and standards.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Describe key components;
• Describe building science principles;
• Describe assessment tools for building as a system; and
• Describe indoor air quality.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel