Gas Trade: Unit 12 - Controls: Fundamentals
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
The control system of a gas appliance ensures a safe light-up, operation, and shut-down of the equipment. It also ensures the pilot and/or main burner are lit safely. It is important to understand the circuitry of the control system in order to troubleshoot electrical problems and to safely isolate components for servicing.
At the end of this unit you will be able to:
• Describe gas appliance control concepts and their components.
• Explain the difference between electro-mechanical controls and electronic controls
• Use wiring drawings to identify control circuitry and devices
• Explain gas appliance sequence of operation
• Troubleshoot electrical control circuits and components
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.