Gas Trade: Unit 11 - Pressure regulators, overpressure protection, meters, and fuel containers
CSA Group's 2019 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
Before the installation of any piping and appliance systems inside a building, gas technicians/fitters must plan the location of gas meters, propane storage containers, and gas pressure regulators. These are key elements in the supply of fuel gas to the installation and will determine many important aspects of the work that follows. This unit deals with the nature of these items and the installation and maintenance procedures that apply to them.
At the end of this unit, you will be able to:
• Choose and install the correct gas pressure regulator for a system;
• Explain the need for overpressure protection and how to achieve this;
• Read and clock meters; and
• Identify and plan for the correct use of propane cylinders and tanks.
The Training materials have been revised to include the following changes throughout the training units:
▪ Updated language to enhance student understanding
▪ Revised references and links to the most current legislation
▪ Revisions include new technologies used in the industry
▪ Updated look and feel