Gas Trade: Unit 10 - Piping and tubing systems for industrial and commercial applications
CSA Group's 2020 Gas Trade materials reference the Red Seal Program's trade outlines for your preparation to become a nationally recognized gasfitter. Please visit the Red Seal Program's website for more details.
The requirements for gas installations vary between requirements for single family dwellings and for commercial and industrial applications. This Unit details four areas where significant requirements for the installation, operation, and testing of large piping and tubing systems that the gas technician/fitter should understand.
At the end of this Unit, you will be able to:
• Describe Code requirements and approved joining methods;
• Describe welding safety, certification, and procedures;
• Identify utility and non-utility piping and tubing;
• Explain piping layout, drawings, and symbols;
• Size high pressure piping and tubing systems;
• Explain purging operations on large piping systems; and
• Identify proper equipment and workplace procedures for safely rigging and hoisting loads.
The 7th Edition of the Training materials are revised to include the following changes:
• Updated to current standards and codes.
• Updated assignment questions and added chapter numbers.
• Assignment questions now included at the end of each chapter.
• New preface with a listing of standards and codes referenced in each module.