Codes & Standards - Purchase
CSA ISO/IEC 24775-2:21
Information technology — Storage management — Part 2: Common Architecture (Adopted ISO/IEC 24775-2:2021, second edition, 2021-03)
Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the SCC Mirror Committee (SMC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC.
For brevity, this Standard will be referred to as CSA ISO/IEC 24775-2 throughout.
This Standard replaces CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 24775:12 (adopted ISO/IEC 24775:2011).
The International Standard was reviewed by the CSA TCIT under the jurisdiction of the CSA Strategic Steering Committee on Information and Communications Technology and deemed acceptable for use in Canada. This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been developed in compliance with Standards Council of Canada requirements for National Standards of Canada. It has been published as a National Standard of Canada by CSA Group.
Storage Management Technical Specification, Part 2 Common Architecture, 1.8.0 Rev 4 defines the core architecture and protocols in SMI-S. The components of SMI-S architecture include:
• Transport - communicating management information between constituents of the management system
• Health and fault management - detecting failures through monitoring the state of storage components
• General information about the object model
• Names - how SMI-S uses names to allow applications to correlate across SMI-S and to other standards
• Standard messages - how exceptions are presented to client applications
• Service discovery - techniques clients use to discover SMI-S services
• Installation and upgrade - recommendations for implementations
• Compliance - requirement for compliance to the standard
CSA ISO/IEC 24775:12 (R2021)
Information technology - Storage management (Adopted ISO/IEC 24775:2011, second edition, 2011-02)
Information technology - Storage management (Adopted ISO/IEC 24775:2007, first edition, 2007-06)