Internet of things (IoT) — Data exchange platform for IoT services — Part 1: General requirements and architecture (Adopted ISO/IEC 30161-1:2020, first edition, 2020-11)
Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the SCC Mirror Committee (SMC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
At the time of publication, ISO/IEC 30161-1:2020 is available from ISO and IEC in English only. CSA Group will publish the French version when it becomes available from ISO and IEC.
This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been developed in compliance with Standards Council of Canada requirements for National Standards of Canada. It has been published as a National Standard of Canada by CSA Group.
This document specifies requirements for an Internet of Things (IoT) data exchange platform for various services in the technology areas of:
• the middleware components of communication networks allowing the co-existence of IoT services with legacy services;
• the end-points performance across the communication networks among the IoT and legacy services;
• the IoT specific functions and functionalities allowing the efficient deployment of IoT services;
• the IoT service communication networks’ framework and infrastructure; and
• the IoT service implementation guideline for the IoT data exchange platform.