Codes & Standards - Purchase
CSA ISO/IEC 19794-6:20
Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 6: Iris image data (Adopted ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011, second edition, 2011-10-01, including adopted amendment 1:2015 and amendment 2:2016)
Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the SCC Mirror Committee (SMC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee ITU-T).
For brevity, this Standard will be referred to as CSA ISO/IEC 19794-6 throughout.
This Standard coexists with CSA ISO/IEC 19794-6:19 (adopted ISO/IEC 19794-6:2005). At the time of publication, ISO/IEC 19794-6:2011, ISO/IEC Amendment 1:2015 and ISO/IEC Amendment 2:2016 are available from ISO and IEC in English only. CSA Group will publish the French versions when they become available from ISO and IEC.
This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been developed in compliance with Standards Council of Canada requirements for National Standards of Canada. It has been published as a National Standard of Canada by CSA Group.
This part of ISO/IEC 19794 specifies iris image interchange formats for biometric enrolment, verification and identification systems. The image information might be stored as
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444, or
- an array of intensity values optionally compressed with ISO/IEC 15948 or ISO/IEC 15444 that might be cropped around the iris, with the iris at the centre, and which might incorporate region-of-interest masking of non-iris regions. This part of ISO/IEC 19794 does not establish
- requirements on the optical specifications of cameras, or
- requirements on photometric properties of iris images, or
- requirements on enrolment processes, workflow and use of iris equipment.
Information technology — Biometric data interchange formats — Part 6: Iris image data (Adopted ISO/IEC 19794-6:2005, first edition, 2005-06-01)