CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 10164-16-01 (R2014)
Information Technology - Open Systems Interconnection - Systems Management: Management Knowledge Management Function (Adopted ISO/IEC 10164-16:1997, first edition, 1997-05-15)
This Recommendation | International Standard defines the Management knowledge management function. The Management knowledge management function is a Systems Management function which may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized management environment to interact for the purpose of systems management, as defined by the OS1 Management framework, CCITT Rec. X.700 and ISO/IEC 7498-4.
This Recommendation International Standard defines a function which consists of generic definitions and services. This function is positioned in the application layer of the OS1 reference model, ITU-T Rec. X.200 1 ISO/IEC 7498-1, and is defined according to the model provided by ITU-T Rec. X.207 - ISO/IEC 9545. The role of systems management functions is described by CCITT Rec. X.701 I ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
- identifies the set of requirements satisfied by the function;
- provides a model for the behavior of management knowledge objects;
- specifies the management requirements of the function and how these are managed objects and their behaviour or by specification of Directory objects;
- specifies the mapping of these services onto the CMIS services;
- specifies the abstract syntax of the MAPDUs that will be sued to refer to managed objects and their characteristics' objects and their characteristics.
This Recommendation | International Standard does not:
- define the nature of any implementation intended to provide the Management knowledge management function;
- specify the manner in which management is to be accomplished by the user of the Management knowledge management function;
- define the nature of any interactions which result in the use of the Management knowledge management function;
- specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal and abnormal release of a management association;
- define the interactions which result by the simultaneous use of several management functions;
- define connection establishment or authorization requirements for the use of these functions or for any associated activity;
- preclude the definition of further management knowledge object classes.
An update to this product is available.
To receive notifications when an amendment, new edition or update is available to your standard no matter how you purchased it, please register on the Standards Update Service. After registering, enter the List ID for the relevant standard. The List ID can be found in the “CSA Standards Update” section within the first few pages of the standard you’ve purchased. Once notified, you can then update your standard accordingly.
PDF Format Purchased from the CSA Store
If you have purchased or subscribed to a standard from the CSA Store in PDF format, login to your CSA OnDemandTM account to access the updated PDF.
Paper Format Purchased or Purchased from Reseller
If you have purchased a paper copy of the standard from the CSA Store or purchased a standard in paper or PDF format from one of our resellers, login to the Standards Update Service to download the updates in PDF format.
eBook Format Purchased
If you have purchased a standard in eBook format, login to the CSA Reader App to download the updated version of the standard.