Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the Canadian Advisory Committee (CAC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
This Standard supersedes CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 9899-02 (adoption of ISO/IEC 9899:1999). At the time of publication, ISO/IEC 9899:2011 is available from ISO and IEC in English only. CSA Group will publish the French version when it becomes available from ISO and IEC.Scope
1 This International Standard specifies the form and establishes the interpretation of programs written in the C programming language.1) It specifies
- the representation of C programs;
- the syntax and constraints of the C language;
- the semantic rules for interpreting C programs;
- the representation of input data to be processed by C programs;
- the representation of output data produced by C programs;
- the restrictions and limits imposed by a conforming implementation of C.
2 This International Standard does not specify
- the mechanism by which C programs are transformed for use by a data-processing system;
- the mechanism by which C programs are invoked for use by a data-processing system;
- the mechanism by which input data are transformed for use by a C program;
- the mechanism by which output data are transformed after being produced by a C program;
- the size or complexity of a program and its data that will exceed the capacity of any specific data-processing system or the capacity of a particular processor;
- all minimal requirements of a data-processing system that is capable of supporting a conforming implementation.
items 1 - of 1 result(s)
View 20 | View 100
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 9899-02 (R2011) - Programming Languages - C (Adopted ISO/IEC 9899:1999, second edition, 1999-12-01)