Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the SCC Mirror Committee (SMC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T). Scope
ISO/IEC 30105 specifies the lifecycle process requirements performed by the IT enabled business process outsourcing service provider for the outsourced business processes. It defines the processes to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve its services. This document:
- covers IT enabled business processes that are outsourced;
- is not intended to cover IT services but includes similar, relevant process for completeness;
- is applicable to the service provider, not to the customer;
- is applicable to all lifecycle processes of ITES-BPO;
- provides guidance on application of the process assessment model, how to strategically leverage the assessment and to use it in the context of an improvement programme or risk assessment for an ITES-BPO service provider organization.