Codes & Standards - Purchase
For brevity, this Standard will be referred to as CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 29794-1 throughout.
This Standard (adopted ISO/IEC 29794-1:2016, corrected version 2016-09-15) supersedes CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 29794-1:16 (adopted ISO/IEC 29794-1:2016).
This part of ISO/IEC 29794, for any or all biometric sample types as necessary, establishes the following:
- terms and definitions that are useful in the specification and use of quality metrics;
- purpose and interpretation of biometric quality scores;
- encoding of quality data fields in biometric data interchange formats;
- methods for developing biometric sample datasets for the purpose of quality score normalisation;
- format for exchange of quality algorithm results;
- methods for aggregation of quality scores.
The following are outside the scope of this part of ISO/IEC 29794:
- specification of minimum requirements for sample, module, or system quality scores;
- performance assessment of quality algorithms;
- standardization of quality algorithms.