This Recommendation | International Standard is applicable to continuous-tone - grayscale or colour - digital still image data. It is applicable to a wide range of applications which require use of compressed images.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
- defines extensions [including variable quantization, selective refinement, tiling, and a Still Picture Interchange File Format (SPIFF)] to processes for converting source image data to compressed image data
- defines extensions to processes for converting compresssed image data to reconstructed image data
- defines coded representations for compressed image data
- gives guidance and examples on how to implement these extensions in practice
- describes compliance tests for these extensions.
items 1 - of 1 result(s)
View 20 | View 100
Amendment 1:2013 to CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 10918-3-00, Information technology - Digital compression and coding of continuous-tone still images: Extensions - Amendment 1: Provisions to allow registriation of new compression types and versions in the SPIFF header (Adopted amendment 1:1999 to ISO/IEC 10918-3:1997)