This Recommendation / International Standard defines a Systems Management Function which may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized management environment to interact for the purpose of systems management, as defined by CCITT Rec. X.700 / ISO/IEC 7498-4. This Recommendation / International Standard defines the Event report management function and consists of services and two functional units. This function is positioned in the application layer of CCITT Rec. X.200 / ISO 7498 and is defined according to the model provided by ISO/IEC 9545. The role of systems management functions is described in CCITT Rec. X.701 / ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation / International Standard
- establishes user requirements for the event report management function;
- establishes models that relate the services provided by the function to user requirements;
- defines the services provided by the function;
- specifies the protocol that is necessary in order to provide the services;
- defines the relationship between the services and SMI operations and notifications;
- defines relationships with other systems management functions;
- specifies conformance requirements.
This Recommendation / International Standard does not
- define the nature of any implementation intended to provide the event report management function;
- specify the manner in which management is accomplished by the user of the event report management function;
- define the nature of any interactions which result in the use of the event report management function;
- specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal and abnormal release of a management association;
- specify the authorization requirements for the use of the event report management function or for any associated activity;
- define the managed objects related to the management of particular protocol machines.
items 1 - of 1 result(s)
View 20 | View 100
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 10164-5A-95 (R2014) - Amendment 1:1997 to CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 10164-5-95 - Information Technology - Open Systems Interconnection - Systems Management: Event Report Management Function - Amendment 1: Implementation Conformance Statement Proformas (Adopted Amendment 1:1995 to ISO/IEC 10164-5:1993)