This Recommendation / International Standard defines a Systems Management Function that may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized management environment to interact for the purpose of systems management, as defined by CCITT Rec. X.700 / ISO/IEC 7498-4. This Recommendation / International Standard defines a function which consists of generic definitions, services and functional units. This function is positioned in the application layer of the OSI reference model (CCITT Rec. X.200 / ISO 7498) and is defined according to the model provided by ISO/IEC 9545. The role of systems management functions is described by CCITT Rec. X.701 / ISO/IEC 10040. The alarm notifications defined by this function provide information that a manager may need to act upon pertaining to a system's operational condition and quality of service.
This Recommendation / International Standard
- establishes user requirements for the alarm reporting function;
- establishes a model that relates the service and generic definitions provided by this function to user requirements;
- defines the service provided by the function; - defines generic notification types and parameters documented in accordance with CCITT Rec. X.722 / ISO/IEC 10165-4;
- specifies the protocol that is necessary in order to provide the service;
- specifies the abstract syntax necessary to identify and negotiate the functional unit in protocol;
- defines the relationship between this service and SMI notifications;
- specifies compliance requirements placed on other standards that make use of these generic definitions;
- defines relationships with other systems management functions;
- specifies conformance requirements.
This Recommendation / International Standard does not
- define the nature of any implementation intended to provide the Alarm Reporting function;
- specify the manner in which management is accomplished by the user of the Alarm Reporting function;
- define the nature of any interactions which result in the use of the Alarm Reporting function;
- specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal and abnormal release of a management association;
- preclude the definition of further notification types;
- define managed objects.
items 1 - of 1 result(s)
View 20 | View 100
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 10164-4A-95 (R2014) - Amendment 1:1997 to CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 10164-4-95 - Information Technology - Open Systems Interconnection - Systems Management: Alarm Reporting Function - Amendment 1: Implementation Conformance Statement Proformas (Adopted Amendment 1:1995 to ISO/IEC 10164-4:1992)