This Recommendation | International Standard defines the Management knowledge management function. The Management knowledge management function is a Systems Management function which may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized management environment to interact for the purpose of systems management, as defined by the OS1 Management framework, CCITT Rec. X.700 and ISO/IEC 7498-4.
This Recommendation International Standard defines a function which consists of generic definitions and services. This function is positioned in the application layer of the OS1 reference model, ITU-T Rec. X.200 1 ISO/IEC 7498-1, and is defined according to the model provided by ITU-T Rec. X.207 - ISO/IEC 9545. The role of systems management functions is described by CCITT Rec. X.701 I ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
- identifies the set of requirements satisfied by the function;
- provides a model for the behavior of management knowledge objects;
- specifies the management requirements of the function and how these are managed objects and their behaviour or by specification of Directory objects;
- specifies the mapping of these services onto the CMIS services;
- specifies the abstract syntax of the MAPDUs that will be sued to refer to managed objects and their characteristics' objects and their characteristics.
This Recommendation | International Standard does not:
- define the nature of any implementation intended to provide the Management knowledge management function;
- specify the manner in which management is to be accomplished by the user of the Management knowledge management function;
- define the nature of any interactions which result in the use of the Management knowledge management function;
- specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal and abnormal release of a management association;
- define the interactions which result by the simultaneous use of several management functions;
- define connection establishment or authorization requirements for the use of these functions or for any associated activity;
- preclude the definition of further management knowledge object classes.
items 1 - of 1 result(s)
View 20 | View 100
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 10164-16A-01 (R2009) - Amendment 1:2001 to CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 10164-16-01 - Information Technology - Open Systems Interconnection - Systems Management: Management Knowledge Management Function - Amendment 1: Extension for General Relationship Model (Adopted Amendment 1:1998 to ISO/IEC 10164-16:1997)