Codes & Standards - Purchase
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 10164-15-96 (R2000)
This Recommendation / International Standard defines the scheduling function. The scheduling function is a systems m anagement function which may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized management environment to exchange information and commands for the purpose of systems management, as defined by CCITT Rec. X.700 / ISO/IEC 7498-4. This Recommendation / International Standard is positioned in the application layer of CCITT Rec. X.200 / ISO 7498 and is defined according to the model provided by ISO/IEC 9545. The role of systems management functions is described by CCITT Rec. X.701 / ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation / International Standard:
- identifies a set of requirements satisfied by the function;
- provides a model for scheduling;
- specifies the management requirements of the function and how these are realized by specification of managed objects and their behaviour;
- defines the conformance requirements to be met by implementations of this Recommendation / International Standard;
- defines managed objects.
This Recommendation / International Standard does not define:
- the manner in which management is to be accomplished by the user of the scheduling function;
- the nature of any implementation intended to provide the scheduling function;
- the nature of any interactions which result in the use of the scheduling function;
- the interactions which result by the simultaneous use of several management functions;
- the occasions where the use of the scheduling function is appropriate;
- the services necessary for the establishment, normal and a bnormal release of a management association.