Codes & Standards - Purchase
Code for the Design of Plain or Reinforced Concrete Structures
This new edition of CSA Standard A23. 3, Code For the Design of Plain or Reinforced Concrete, supersedes previous editions published in 1959 and 1966.
It differs mainly from the previous edition in that it has been editorially rearranged to permit its inclusion, en toto, in the 1970 National Building Code, Design Supplement. Although no major changes have been introduced numerous changes of a minor nature have been made.
This Standard applies to the design of building structures of plain or reinforced concrete.
1. 2 Special Structures
For special structures such as arches, tanks, reservoirs, grain elevators, shells, blast resistant structures, and chimneys, the provisions of this Standard shall govern so far as they are applicable.
1.3 Reference Publications
This Standard makes reference to the following publications and where such reference is made it shall be to that edition of such publication as listed below:
- A23.1—1967, Concrete Materials and Methods of Concrete Construction;
- A23.2—1967, Methods of Test for Concrete;
- A23.2.12—1967, Making and Curing Concrete Compression and Flexure Test Specimens in the Laboratory;
- A23. 2. 13— 1967, Compressive Strength of Moulded Concrete Cylinders;
- A197—1968, Precast Concrete Wall Panels;
- G30. 6—1967, Minimum Requirements for the Deformations of Deformed Steel Bars for Concrete Reinforcement;
- G30.7—1961, Special Large Size Deformed Billet—Steel Bars for Concrete Reinforcement;
- G30.10—1964, Deformed Billet-Steel Bars for Concrete Reinforcement with 60,000 Psi Minimum Yield Point;
- S16—1965, Steel Structures for Buildings;
- W186—1970, Welding of Reinforcing Bars in Reinforced Concrete Construction.
ASTM * Standards
- C330—69, Lightweight Aggregate for Structural Concrete;
- C496—69, Method of Test for Splitting Tensile Strength of Cylindrical Concrete Specimens.
National Building Code of Canada.
*American Society for Testing and Materials.