Training - Onsite
2021 Canadian Electrical Code Essentials
CSA C22.1:21, Canadian Electrical Code, Part I contains many updates and changes that are potentially significant to electrical professionals. This instructor-led course provides the key changes and impacts to the industry presented in an easy-to-follow format.
Designed for professionals with a good working knowledge of the Code and who solely need the key changes including general updates or those made for clarification, safety, and new products and systems. Key changes due to Rule relocation or deletion are also noted.
This course may help save valuable time to help keep electrical projects safe and in compliance.
This training is developed with input from a broad cross-section of electrical industry experts and with cooperation from all provinces, territories and several key jurisdictions across Canada.
Jurisdictions across Canada adopt the Code as a model code for regulation either in its entirety or with provincial or territorial interpretations. The Code is an integral part of the Canadian Electrical Safety System.
- Explain key changes.
- Recognize how CSA C22.1:21 changes affect electrical installations and maintenance of existing installations.
- Identify how new technologies are incorporated into Code requirements.
All professionals and apprentices in the electrical industry interested in learning detailed code changes and updates (All markets).
- Electricians (Construction & Industrial)
- Construction Professionals (Estimators, inspectors, manager)
- Engineers (Electrical, mechanical, industrial)
- Electrical technologists and technicians
- Manufacturing Professionals (Managers, Eng)
- Electrical mechanics
- Utility managers
- Electrical apprentices
- Trade qualifiers
- Electrical trainers, teachers & educators
Learn More About the Canadian Electrical Code
Developed with input from a broad cross-section of electrical industry experts and with cooperation from all provinces, territories and several key jurisdictions across Canada, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I is an integral part of the Canadian Electrical Safety System. Jurisdictions across Canada adopt the code as a model code for regulation, as is or with provincial or territorial interpretations.
Why Get Your Training From CSA Group?
Your instructor is a veteran electrical industry professional with years of practical hands-on experience, as well as in-depth knowledge of safe electrical installation and maintenance practices based on Canadian Codes, Standards and industry best practice. You'll be guided through a comprehensive program of study that has been developed by a team of industry professionals, many of whom had direct involvement in the development of the Canadian Electrical Code and relevant standards.
You'll gain in-depth knowledge of key changes to the latest edition of the CE Code, Part I, and get answers to your specific questions from an experienced instructor.
CSA Group provides a wide range of Electrical Training with dates and locations from coast to coast; customized training can also be provided onsite at your place of business.
CSA C22.1:21, Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
Each Attendee participates in the live, instructor-led sessions via a dedicated desktop or laptop. Tablet and Mobile are not compatible to the CSA Group’s Webex Training sessions.
Operating Systems/Browser Recommendations:
• Internet Explorer 10 or later (32-bit/64-bit)
• Edge browser 42 and later
• Mozilla Firefox 52 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
Mac OS X:
• Firefox 52 and later
• Safari 11 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
• Headset, headphones with microphone, or computer/device with speakers/microphone (required for audio)
• Video camera (optional)
• Java 6 and Java 7 (for web browsers that support Java) are enabled
• Cisco WebEx plug-ins is enabled for Chrome 32 and later
• Plug-ins are enabled in Safari
• Active X is enabled and unblocked for Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Open all learning materials using Adobe Reader. Click here to install (it is free).