Training - Onsite
ISO 14064-1:2018 Greenhouse Gas Inventories & Measuring Carbon Footprint
Public courses can be available in both virtual and in person instructor-led formats. Please complete this form to highlight your preference and we will contact you once a course matching your requirements is available.
This introductory course provides basic knowledge and understanding that helps organizations quantify and manage their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The course includes a basic introduction to GHGs and a review of the requirements of ISO 14064-1 to determine GHG emission limits, quantify an organization's GHG emissions and removals, and identify activities to improve the management of GHGs. It also outlines the requirements and guidance on responsibilities related to inventory verification activities. In addition, it describes the interrelationships between the requirements of ISO 14064-1 and existing regional and national GHG programs and other important protocols and standards, including ISO 14001 and the World Business Council on Sustainable Development of Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
If you need a better understanding in ISO 31000, and how it applies to Climate Change resilience assessment, please check our CSA-ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management for Climate Adaptation & Resilience course.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe definitions in and requirements of ISO 14064-1
- Identify concepts related to ISO 14064-1
- Explain framework and importance of design and development for verifiable GHG Inventory systems and procedures
- Describe framework and importance of a GHG management handbook and GHG Information Management System (IMS)
- Summarize tools, methods and good practice guidance related to GHG protocol for corporate accounting
- Recap tools, methods and good practice to develop inventory requirements of ISO 14064-1
- Accountants & Financial Professional in GHG
- Design Architects/Environmental Engineers
- GHG Inventory Developers/Inventory Quantifiers
- GHG Auditors/Verifiers
- Government Regulators, Public workers, Regulatory Compliance Professionals
- Managers and Developers of Carbon Neutral/Offsetting projects
- Site, Utilities, Facility Managers/Operations Managers
What is Included
- Class materials
- A copy of ISO 14064-1:2018 - Greenhouse gases -- Part 1: Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals
CSA Group's training ISO 14064-1: 2018 Greenhouse Gas Inventories & Measuring Carbon Footprint is one course, taken in three sections.
Section 1: Foundational Information (self-paced, eLearning) *must be completed prior to starting the Section 2 virtual training*
- Climate Change
- Basic GHG Definitions and Concepts
- Purpose and Benefits of ISO 14064-1:18
Section 2: Apply the Standard (instructor-led, virtual)
- GHG inventories
- GHG accounting and reporting principles
- Preliminary planning and base year
- Quantification of GHG emissions and removals
- Tools for emissions calculations
- GHG management handbook
- GHG information management system
Section 3: Quiz (online)
- You will receive a link to take the comprehensive quiz.
You will earn a Certificate of Course Completion once you complete all three sections of the 14064-1:2018 training. This course qualifies for 0.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU) or 8 Professional Development Hours (PDH) credits with the Engineering institute of Canada.
The eLearning Foundational Information course must be completed prior to the start of the virtual training.