Training - Onsite
ISO 14001:2015 Auditor
Registration for this course includes a copy of CAN/CSA ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Systems (a $183 value)
Organizations around the world are increasingly seeing the benefits of measuring their success with and declaring their conformity with international management standards like ISO 14001:2015. Internal experts are needed to evaluate and assess the organization's performance and demonstrate due diligence to stakeholders.
Ideal for those responsible for the success of implementing ISO 14001:2015, this three-day interactive training enables participants to apply their knowledge of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and ensure quality managers are trained and knowledgeable in conducting ISO 14001-based audits. This course expands on the content covered in the introductory course, ISO 14001:2015 Essentials. Knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 or taking the introductory course is a recommended pre-requisite.
This course covers auditing principles from ISO 19011 through the lens of an Environmental Management Systems audit and focuses on the achievement of results through the application of these principles.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply their knowledge of an Environmental Management System (EMS) and the ISO 14001 audit process
- Understand the steps and processes involved in planning, preparing, conducting and concluding an EMS audit.
- Describe the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment of risk and their significance of these an EMS
- Apply the skills and knowledge needed to conduct audits against the latest requirements of the ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Systems standard
- Quality and Environmental Management professionals
- Quality Auditors
- OHS personnel
- Environmental professionals
- Overview of ISO 14001:2015
- Principles of Auditing and Auditing Programs
- Audits, Assessments and Inspections
- Key Audit Requirements
- Managing an Audit Program
- Performing an Audit
- Environmental Issues and Compliance Obligations
- Air Pollutants and Conventional Water Pollutants
- Environmental Legislation and Regulation
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Auditing Context and Leadership
- Monitoring, Measurement Analysis and Evaluation
- Concluding, Preparing and Distributing the Audit Report
Nelson Lee, P.Eng
Nelson Lee, P.Eng began his career in environment, health and safety auditing and training while a Senior Consultant at Arthur D. Little in 1990. He developed environmental management systems, trained staff and acted on the auditee side while Regional Manager, Environment, Health and Safety at Amoco Chemical Asia Pacific, Ltd., where he oversaw five large-scale petrochemical plants in Asia Pacific. At Keystone Environmental, he managed Health, Safety and Quality, where he developed management systems, provided training and conducted internal and external audits. At Tetra Tech Canada, he conducted audits and provided senior review of numerous audits, including one as part of a program to support a major pipeline company achieve compliance with the National Energy Board management system requirements.
Nelson is passionate about environmental auditing and training, having has worked with ISO 14001 since its publication in 1996, beginning with Lloyd's Register, conducting certification audits and training. He recently contributed to the development of ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor course materials, the PLUS 14001 EMS handbook and an ISO 14001 Introduction eLearning course for the CSA Group. He is actively supporting the development of ISO standards relating to Greenhouse Gas and Climate Change management as a Working Group exert for CSA's mirror committee to the Standards Council of Canada. Nelson is Chair of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia's Sustainability Committee and leads his climate change management consultancy: Green Sky Sustainability.
This course expands on the content covered in the introductory course, ISO 14001:2015 Essentials