Training - Onsite
CSA/WSPS - Robot Safety
Decoding and Applying CSA Z434 - 1 Day Workshop
- Review and understand the benefits of CSA Z434 as well as the updates and significant changes
- Clearly identify requirements for compliance
- Review risk assessment requirements and risk level decision levels
- Accurately describe the requirements for collaborative robot operations
- Define and list the characteristics of protective stop and emergency stop
- Describe the new requirements for pendant controls
Who Should Attend?
- Engineers, Integrators and Technicians
- Managers and Supervisors of Operations, Plants, Warehouses, and Maintenance Departments
- Health and Safety Personnel
- Product Safety Engineers
- R&D Engineers
- Manufacturers of Industrial Robots and Components
When job duties are too dangerous and demanding for workers, robots can perform these near impossible tasks. They are also increasingly being used to improve productivity, quality and global competitiveness. And while hazards associated with robots are well recognized, the sources of the hazards are frequently unique to a particular robot system.
CAN/CSA- Z434 Industrial Robots and Robot Systems is a voluntary standard that applies to the manufacture, remanufacture, rebuild, installation, safeguarding, maintenance & repair, testing & start-up, and personnel training requirements for industrial robots and robot systems. In 2014, the 3rd edition of the standard was released after an extensive review and revision. The standard also incorporates international design standards meaning companies with international operations can be consistent from country to country in the design and application of their robotic cells.
Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS) and CSA Group collaborated to create an interactive on-site course based on the CSA Z434. Aimed at end users who are ultimately responsible for the installation, safety and maintenance of industrial robots, the training consists of modular, guided discussions and conceptual application that can be adapted to meet the specific requirements of your workplace. Facilitated by a technical expert qualified in robotics, The course also includes site-specific examples, demonstrations and/or walkthroughs and a copy of the CSA Z434 standard
Visit the WSPS website for a list of courses in Ontario - Learn More