Training - Public
Inspecting And Maintaining Steel Storage Racks
Introduces participants to the inspection and maintenance sections of the A344-17 User Guide for Steel Storage Racks
We are pleased to announce that we have converted this course to a virtual, instructor-led format. Virtual courses may take place over several days in half day sessions. We have redesigned all our courses to maximize learning in a virtual environment. Students will still have the opportunity to participate and interact with the instructor.
Virtual Training – Virtual AM sessions will be delivered from 8:30 – 12:30 ET. Virtual Midday sessions will be delivered 11:30 – 15:30 ET. Virtual PM sessions will be delivered 13:30 – 17:30 ET.
Each Attendee participates in the live, instructor-led sessions via a dedicated desktop or laptop. Chromebooks, Tablets and Mobiles are not compatible to the CSA Group’s Webex Training sessions.
Proper inspection and maintenance of steel storage racks can save lives in addition to helping to reduce costly downtime, property losses, potential prosecution and fines. Our interactive course provides participants with an introduction to the inspection and maintenance sections of the CSA User Guide for Steel Storage Racks. Participants can expect modular guided discussions and conceptual application that can be adapted to meet the specific requirements of your workplace. Also included are site-specific examples as well as demonstrations and/or walk throughs. For classroom courses, a simulated rack inspection using a comprehensive exercise will be provided.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Recognize general rack hazards
- Identify key areas to check when inspecting racks
- Recognize and assess the severity of rack damage
- Understand rack modifications and the need for pre-start reviews (PSRs)
- Conduct a rack inspection through a comprehensive simulated exercise
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for workplace parties in warehousing environments such as warehousing for logistics, freight forwarders & brokers; manufacturing, foodstuff storage & distribution; and retail and wholesale operations. By position, the course is ideally suited for:
- Managers & supervisors
- Health & safety personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Others responsible for inspecting & maintaining steel storage racks
- Participant Workbook
- CSA A344-17, User guide for Steel Storage Racks Standard
- Visit the WSPS website for a list of courses in Ontario - Learn More
Warren is a health and safety professional with more than 35 years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Health practice and teaching. His practice experience ranges from the food and beverage manufacturing sector to the secondary and postsecondary education sector to the nuclear industry. He continues to teach Occupational Health and Safety at the University of British Columbia and the BC Institute of Technology.
Warren is a retired holder of the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) and Certified Public Health Inspector - Canada (CPHI(C)) professional designations. In addition to his work and teaching in OHS, Warren also consults to industry in the areas of Environmental Management and Quality Management.
Warren's most rewarding times in OHS are when he has the opportunity to provide education, training and knowledge transfer to workers, supervisors and managers and when he is mentoring new OHS practitioners.
Each Attendee participates in the live, instructor-led sessions via a dedicated desktop or laptop. Tablet and Mobile are not compatible to the CSA Group’s Webex Training sessions.
Operating Systems/Browser Recommendations:
• Internet Explorer 10 or later (32-bit/64-bit)
• Edge browser 42 and later
• Mozilla Firefox 52 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
Mac OS X:
• Firefox 52 and later
• Safari 11 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
• Headset, headphones with microphone, or computer/device with speakers/microphone (required for audio)
• Video camera (optional)
• Java 6 and Java 7 (for web browsers that support Java) are enabled
• Cisco WebEx plug-ins is enabled for Chrome 32 and later
• Plug-ins are enabled in Safari
• Active X is enabled and unblocked for Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Open all learning materials using Adobe Reader. Click here to install (it is free).
Please click here to view our Course Cancellation and Refund Policy