We are pleased to announce that we have converted this course to a virtual, instructor-led format. Virtual courses may take place over several days in half day sessions. We have redesigned all our courses to maximize learning in a virtual environment. Students will still have the opportunity to participate and interact with the instructor.
Virtual Training – Virtual AM sessions will be delivered from 8:30 – 12:30 ET. Virtual Midday sessions will be delivered from 11:30 - 15:30 ET. Virtual PM sessions will be delivered from 13:30 – 17:30 ET.
Each Attendee participates in the live, instructor-led sessions via a dedicated desktop or laptop. Tablet and Mobile are not compatible to the CSA Group’s Webex Training sessions.
Machine hazards continue to be a leading cause of serious workplace injury and death. CSA Z432 Safeguarding of Machinery is a voluntary standard that helps to protect workers from hazards associated with the use of mobile or stationary machinery by providing the description, selection, and application of guards and safety devices. The new edition of the standard has undergone extensive review and revision.
The Safeguarding of Machinery: Understanding CSA Z432 course has been updated to reflect the new edition of the standards. It is offered in collaboration with WSPS and guides participants through the sections of the standard so they become familiar with its content and application.
- Increase knowledge of key concepts within the new edition of CSA Z432 including new terms, definitions, requirements and alignment/integrations with ISO
- Clearly review and understand the significance of new requirements, including safety control systems and safeguarding devices
- Learn about hazard identification, risk assessment and reduction
- Efficiently and accurately apply practical knowledge to workplace situations through interactive exercises
Who Should Attend?
- Managers and Supervisors
- Maintenance and Purchasing Personnel
- Safety Professionals and Engineers
- Project Managers and Certified JHSC Members
- Z432:16, Safeguarding of Machinery, standard
Visit the WSPS website for a list of courses in Ontario - Learn More
Warren is a health and safety professional with more than 35 years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Health practice and teaching. His practice experience ranges from the food and beverage manufacturing sector to the secondary and postsecondary education sector to the nuclear industry. He continues to teach Occupational Health and Safety at the University of British Columbia and the BC Institute of Technology.
Warren is a retired holder of the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) and Certified Public Health Inspector - Canada (CPHI(C)) professional designations. In addition to his work and teaching in OHS, Warren also consults to industry in the areas of Environmental Management and Quality Management.
Warren's most rewarding times in OHS are when he has the opportunity to provide education, training and knowledge transfer to workers, supervisors and managers and when he is mentoring new OHS practitioners.
Ian Rood is an expert in application of safeguarding systems with more than 30 years’ experience in industrial automation control system design. His experience ranges thru a wide variety of industrial sectors across North America including food & beverage, warehouse and distribution, automotive, wood products, pulp & paper, secondary steel, and a wide variety of general manufacturing facilities. Ian has educated legislative authorities throughout industrial sectors over the last 10+ years in risk assessment, safeguarding application and design across Canada. Ian currently manages an engineering firm in safeguarding system assessment, design, verification and validation in Western Canada. Ian holds accreditations by ASCTTBC (PTech), CSSE (CHSC), and is Functional safety qualified (FSEng course) by TÜV Rheinland in functional safety of machinery. Ian is an active member of the CSA Z432, Z434 and UL 3100 technical committees, as well as a member of the ISO 19085 mirror committee and is the current chair of the Canadian mirror committee for ISO TC39/SC10 working groups on presses and metal forming machines.
Each Attendee participates in the live, instructor-led sessions via a dedicated desktop or laptop. Chromebooks, Tablets and Mobiles are not compatible to the CSA Group’s Webex Training sessions.
Operating Systems/Browser Recommendations:
• Windows – Version 8 or higher
• Edge browser 42 and later
• Mozilla Firefox 52 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
Mac OS X:
• MAC – Version 10.13 or higher
• Firefox 52 and later
• Safari 11 and later
• Chrome 65 and later (32-bit/64-bit)
• Headset, headphones with microphone, or computer/device with speakers/microphone (required for audio)
• Video camera (optional)
• Java 6 and Java 7 (for web browsers that support Java) are enabled
• Cisco WebEx plug-ins is enabled for Chrome 32 and later
• Plug-ins are enabled in Safari
• Active X is enabled and unblocked for Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Open all learning materials using Adobe Reader. Click here to install (it is free).