Codes & Standards - Subscribe
CAN/CSA-ISO 20121:13 (R2018)
This is the first edition of CAN/CSA-ISO 20121, Event sustainability management systems - Requirements with guidance for use, which is an adoption without modification of the identically titled ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standard 20121 (first edition, 2012-06-15). For brevity, this Standard will be referred to as CAN/CSA-ISO 20121 throughout.
This International Standard specifies requirements for an event sustainability management system for any type of event or event-related activity, and provides guidance on conforming to those requirements.
This International Standard is applicable to any organization that wishes to:
- establish, implement, maintain and improve an event sustainability management system;
- ensure that it is in conformity with its stated sustainable development policy;
- demonstrate voluntary conformity with this International Standard by
- first party (self-determination and self-declaration)
- second party (confirmation of conformance by parties having an interest in the organization, such as clients, or by other persons on their behalf), or
- an independent third party (e.g. a certification body).
This International Standard has been designed to address the management of improved sustainability throughout the entire event management cycle.
Additional guidance and information is provided in the annexes to support its implementation.