This is the first edition of CAN/CSA-ISO 19901-6, Petroleum and natural gas industries — Specific requirements for offshore structures — Part 6: Marine operations, which is an adoption, without modification, of the identically titled ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standard 19901-6 (first edition, 2009-12-15). This edition of CAN/CSA-ISO 19901-6 replaces CAN/CSA-S475-03,
This Standard has been developed in compliance with Standards Council of Canada requirements for National Standards of Canada. It has been published as a National Standard of Canada by CSA Group.
This is the first edition of CAN/CSA-ISO 19901-6, Petroleum and natural gas industries - Specific requirements for offshore structures - Part 6: Marine operations, which is an adoption, without modification, of the identically titled ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standard 19901-6 (first edition, 2009-12-15). This edition of CAN/CSA-ISO 19901-6 replaces CAN/CSA-S475-03, Sea operations.
At the time of publication, ISO 19901-6:2009 is available from ISO in English only. CSA will publish the French version when it becomes available from ISO.
This part of ISO 19901 provides requirements and guidance for the planning and engineering of marine operations, encompassing the design and analysis of the components, systems, equipment and procedures required to perform marine operations, as well as the methods or procedures developed to carry them out safely.
This part of ISO 19901 is applicable to marine operations for offshore structures including
- steel and concrete gravity base structures (GBS);
- piled steel structures and compliant towers;
- tension leg platforms (TLP); . deep draught floaters (DDF), including spars or deep draught caisson vessels (DDCV);
- floating production semi-submersibles (FPSS);
- floating production, storage and offloading vessels (FPSO);
- other types of floating production systems (FPS);
- mobile offshore units (MOU);
- topsides and components of any of the above;
- subsea templates and similar structures;
- gravity, piled, drag embedded and suction or other anchors;
- tendon foundations;
- associated mooring systems.
This document is also applicable to modifications of existing structures, e.g. installation of additional topsides modules.
This part of ISO 19901 is not applicable to the following marine operations:
a) construction activities, e.g. in a fabrication yard onshore, where there is no exposure to the marine environment;
b) drilling, processing and petrochemical activities;
c) routine marine activities during the service life of the structure;
d) drilling from mobile offshore drilling units (MODU);
e) installation of pipelines, flowlines, risers and umbilicals;