Codes & Standards - Subscribe
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 15444-2:05 (R2020)
Standards development within the Information Technology sector is harmonized with international standards development. Through the CSA Technical Committee on Information Technology (TCIT), Canadians serve as the Canadian Advisory Committee (CAC) on ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1 on Information Technology (ISO/IEC JTC1) for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), the ISO member body for Canada and sponsor of the Canadian National Committee of the IEC. Also, as a member of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Canada participates in the International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (ITU-T).
This Standard has been formally approved, without modification, by the Technical Committee and has been approved as a National Standard of Canada by the Standards Council of Canada.
This Recommendation | International Standard defines a set of lossless (bit-preserving) and lossy compression methods for coding continuous-tone, bi-level, grey-scale, colour digital still images, or multi-component images.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
- specifies extended decoding processes for converting compressed image data to reconstructed image data;
- specifies an extended codestream syntax containing information for interpreting the compressed image data;
- specifies an extended file format;
- specifies a container to store image metadata;
- defines a standard set of image metadata;
- provides guidance on extended encoding processes for converting source image data to compressed image data;
- provides guidance on how to implement these processes in practice.
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 15444-2D:05 (R2020)
Amendment 4:2016 to CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 15444-2:05, Information technology - JPEG 2000 image coding system: Extensions - Amendment 4: Block coder extension (Adopted amendment 4:2015 to ISO/IEC 15444-2:2004)
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 15444-2C:05 (R2020)
Amendment 3:2016 to CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 15444-2:05, Information technology - JPEG 2000 image coding system: Extensions - Amendment 3: Box-based file format for JPEG XR, extended ROI boxes, XML boxing, compressed channel definition boxes, and representation of floating point (Adopted Amendment 3:2015 to ISO/IEC 15444-2:2004)
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 15444-2B:05 (R2020)
Amendment 2:2006 to CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 15444-2:05, Information Technology - JPEG 2000 Image Coding System: Extensions - Amendment 2: Extended Capabilities Marker Segment (Adopted Amendment 2:2006 to ISO/IEC 15444-2:2004)