Codes & Standards - Subscribe
CAN/CSA-ISO/IEC 15018-05 (R2015)
This International Standard specifies generic cabling for homes. A home may contain one or more buildings or may be within a building that contains more than one home.
This standard specifies a generic cabling for three groups of applications:
- Information and Communications Technologies (ICT);
- Broadcast and Communications Technologies (BCT);
- Commands, Controls and Communications in Buildings (CCCB).
It specifies cabling that comprises one or more of the following:
- balanced cabling;
- coaxial cabling;
- optical fibre cabling.
The standard specifies the requirements for the design and configuration of the generic cabling with respect to:
a) structure and topology;
b) minimum configuration;
c) performance requirements for permanent links and channels;
d) density and location of connection points;
e) interfaces to application-specific equipment and external networks;
f) coexistence with other building services.
Although safety (electrical, fire, etc.) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements are outside the scope of this International Standard and are covered by other standards and regulations, information given in this International Standard may be of assistance in meeting these requirements.
National regulations and local codes may preclude carrying certain services on the cabling specified in this standard.
- Test requirements in this standard are for system designers.
- The installation tests should be decided between supplier and customer or according to the relevant installation guide.