Codes & Standards - Subscribe
CAN/CSA-ISO 9000:16 (R2020)
ISO 9000 is used in conjunction with ISO 9001 – Quality management systems – Requirements, to describe the fundamental concepts, principles and vocabulary of quality management systems.
CAN/CSA ISO 9000 is the Canadian-adopted version of the international standard and has been adapted to better meet Canada-specific requirements. The standard specifies the terms and definitions that apply to all quality management and quality management system standards developed by ISO/TC 176.
- Clearly defines the terms and definitions used in the latest edition of ISO 9001 to help users understand and apply the standard more easily
- Addresses the key principles of quality management systems and includes rationale statements and key benefits of each principle
- Provides possible actions that an organization can take in applying principles outlined in the document
- Serves as a foundation for the use of other quality management standards
- Directly applicable to all businesses, regardless of size, complexity or industry
This is the third edition of CAN/CSA-ISO 9000, Quality management systems — Fundamentals and vocabulary, which is an adoption without modification of the identically titled ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standard 9000 (fourth edition, 2015-09-15). It supersedes the previous edition published in 2005 as CAN/CSA-ISO 9000 (adopted ISO 9000:2005).
This Standard has been developed in compliance with Standards Council of Canada requirements for National Standards of Canada. It has been published as a National Standard of Canada by CSA Group.
This International Standard describes the fundamental concepts and principles of quality management which are universally applicable to the following:
— organizations seeking sustained success through the implementation of a quality management system;
— customers seeking confidence in an organization’s ability to consistently provide products and services conforming to their requirements;
— organizations seeking confidence in their supply chain that product and service requirements will be met;
— organizations and interested parties seeking to improve communication through a common understanding of the vocabulary used in quality management;
— organizations performing conformity assessments against the requirements of ISO 9001;
— providers of training, assessment or advice in quality management;
— developers of related standards.
This International Standard specifies the terms and definitions that apply to all quality management and quality management system standards developed by ISO/TC 176.