This Recommendation | International Standard is applicable to continuous-tone - grayscale or colour - digital still image data. It is applicable to a wide range of applications which require use of compressed images.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
- defines extensions [including variable quantization, selective refinement, tiling, and a Still Picture Interchange File Format (SPIFF)] to processes for converting source image data to compressed image data
- defines extensions to processes for converting compresssed image data to reconstructed image data
- defines coded representations for compressed image data
- gives guidance and examples on how to implement these extensions in practice
- describes compliance tests for these extensions.
items 1 - of 2 result(s)
View 20 | View 100
Information Technology - Digital Compression and Coding of Continuous-Tone Still Images: Extensions (Adopted ISO/IEC 10918-3:1997, first edition, 1997-05-01)
Technologies de l'information - Compression et codage numériques des images fixes à modelé continu: Extensions (norme ISO/CEI 10918-3:1997 adoptée, première édition, 1997-05-01)