Training - Online
NECB 2020 Training - Designer - Online
This course helps to simplify selected requirements of The National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2020 (NECB) in Division B.
It details systems, components and equipment covered by Parts 3-7, and Parts 8 and 10 for energy performance efficiency.
In addition, it clarifies the prescriptive path, trade-off path, and performance path requirements as requisite or permitted within NECB requirements.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the transfer of heat and air through building materials, components, and assemblies forming part of the building envelope
- Identify interfaces between building materials, components, and assemblies forming part of the building envelope
- Identify what lighting components and systems are part of the building's electrical service
- Summarize how to calculate interior lighting power requirements using the building area method or space-by-space method
- Identify what equipment and systems related to heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems follow Part 5 requirements
- Summarize the prescriptive and the trade-off path requirements for equipment and systems related to heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems to comply
- Explain minimum compliance levels for service water systems (including fixtures, controls and equipment) that follow Part 6 requirement options
- List minimum compliance requirements for monitoring of electrical consumption, transformers, and motors
- Describe how professional energy modelers develop a performance compliance path for building energy based on requirement options in Part 8
- Outline the building energy performance compliance tiers
- List energy sources that are and are not included in the building energy target and the annual energy consumption
Users of the NECB 2020:
Estimated Completion Time:
4 hours (90 days course access)
Please Note: Upon registration, you will receive an email titled “Access to (your course)”. Please follow the instructions included in the email to access your course. The CSA OnDemand access instructions in the confirmation email are not applicable to NECB courses.
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).