CSA Z462:21 Workplace Electrical Safety – Online Training
This training includes a review of all relevant clauses and major revisions in the 2021 edition of CSA Z462. Each section of the course is designed around specific learning objectives that stress the practical application of the Standard’s requirements.
CSA Z462:21 specifies requirements for an employer’s electrical safety program, the objective of which is promoting the practical safety of workers that could be exposed to electrical hazards during the performance of their duties. Such requirements include an electrical safety policy that emphasizes hazard elimination, and an electrical hazard risk assessment procedure that addresses human performance and incorporates the hierarchy of risk control methods. In addition, the Standard sets out criteria for the identification and training of qualified electrical workers, and the selection of electrical hazard personal and other protective equipment.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe details of an electrical safety policy, program, and electrical equipment maintenance
- Explain each step of the risk management process
- Identify how to complete a shock and arc flash risk assessment and use information from it to identify risk control methods
- Describe requirements for inspection, care maintenance and testing of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Identify lockout program principles and training requirements
- Electrical and HVAC Technicians and Technologists
- Electrical Engineers
- Plant Operations Personnel
- Occupational Health and Safety Professionals
Estimated Completion Time
3-4 Hours (90 days course access)
This event contains 3 technical hours and may be eligible for Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professional (BCRSP) Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points. See the BCRSP website for CPD point criteria.
- Module 1: Electrical Safety Policy, Programs and Electrical Equipment Maintenance
- Module 2: Risk Assessment, Human Performance and Job Safety Planning
- Module 3: Ohms Law
- Module 4: Shock Risk Assessment and Risk Control
- Module 5: Arc flash hazards, risk assessment, risk control, PPE, and equipment labelling
- Module 6: Inspection, Care, Maintenance and Testing of Personal and Other Protective Equipment
- Module 7: Lockout
- CSA Z462:21, Workplace electrical safety
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).