Training - Online
Medical Device Reprocessing – A Comprehensive Review for Ontarians
Available to Ontario Residents Only
Individual registration is recommended. Please direct participants within your organization to register for the courses of interest individually.
CSA Group, in collaboration with the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD), is providing access to complimentary elearning to Ontario residents to reduce the burden of compliance and assist with economic recovery.
Effective Infection prevention and control (IPC) are important practices that mitigate the risk of transmission of infection. It’s critical that all personnel are able to understand and apply IPC concepts such as the decontamination, assembly, sterilization, storage, and distribution of medical devices in health care settings.
This interactive course offers twelve lessons and a final assessment to help users prepare for the Certified Medical Device Reprocessing (CMDRT) exam. Each lesson includes a practice assessment that self-tests your knowledge and understanding of the material in that lesson.
Includes view access to a document library including relevant CSA Z314 medical device reprocessing standards.
- Enhance your existing knowledge and skills to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of critical reprocessing procedures
- Understand and apply the theory and principles related to decontamination, assembly, sterilization and storage, and distribution in an Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) Department
- Gain a thorough understanding of the regulatory framework and legal environments that apply to MDR
- Learn important concepts of patient safety, OH&S and risk management and the prevention of infections
- Describe the elements of a quality system for medical device reprocessing
Estimated Completion Time
- 11 hours (90-day course access)
* Complimentary access is only available to residents of Ontario. Participants must register for courses by March 30, 2022. Courses may be accessed for 90 days after registration.
Target Audience (Ontario Residents Only)
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
- Medical Device Reprocessing Supervisors
Why Get Your Training From CSA Group?
You'll be guided through a comprehensive program of study that has been developed by a team of industry professionals, many of whom had direct involvement in the development of the relevant standards.
You'll gain in-depth knowledge of key changes to the latest edition of the standard and get answers to your specific questions from an experienced instructor.
CSA Group provides a wide range of training with dates and locations from coast to coast; customized training can also be provided onsite at your place of business.
Twelve lessons cover:
General Medical Device Reprocessing Requirements
- Infection Prevention and Control in MDR
- Disinfection Processes
- Preparation and Packaging (Assembly) of Medical Devices
- Steam Sterilization
- Steam Sterilization Quality Assurance
- Chemical Sterilization
- Handing, Storage and Distribution (of Sterilized Medical Devices)
- Flexible Endoscopes (General Reprocessing Concepts)
- Occupational Health and Safety in MDR
- Quality Systems for MDR
Relevant CSA Health Care Standards:
- CSA Z314.0-13 Medical device reprocessing - General requirements
- CSA Z314.3-14 Effective sterilization in health care settings by the steam process
- CSA Z314.8-14 Decontamination of reusable medical devices
- CSA Z314.14-15 Selection and use of packaging (sterile barrier systems) in healthcare settings
- CSA Z314.15-15 Storage, transportation and distribution of single use and reusable medical devices
- CSA Z314.22-16 Management of loaned, reusable medical devices
- CSA Z314.23-16 Chemical sterilization of reusable medical devices in health care settings
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- Pentium II 450MHz or higher, 128 MB RAM
- if using windows, we recommend XP or newer
For web browser:
- Internet Explorer 7 and up (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT Accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android)