Training - Online
How to Navigate the Canadian Electrical Code for Ontarians
Available to Ontario Residents Only
Individual registration is recommended. Please direct participants within your organization to register for the courses of interest individually.
CSA Group, in collaboration with the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD), is providing access to complimentary elearning to Ontario residents to reduce the burden of compliance and assist with economic recovery.
As an electrical professional, do you need guidance on accessing and navigating CSA C22.1:21, Canadian Electrical Code, Part I regulations? Are you unsure what some CSA C22.1 terms mean?
Being familiar with Code requirements helps provide a foundation for electrical safety. This course is designed to help you navigate, and more quickly find, the specific requirements you need for designing, planning, installing, inspecting, or maintaining electrical work and electrical equipment in occupancies.
This training is developed with input from a broad cross-section of electrical industry experts and with cooperation from all provinces, territories, and several key jurisdictions across Canada.
Jurisdictions across Canada adopt the Code as a model code for regulation either in its entirety or with provincial or territorial interpretations. The Code is an integral part of the Canadian Electrical Safety System.
This course is part of the CSA Group Modular Online Training Program, additional modular courses are available.
- Identify which parts of the Code are required.
- Recognize the meanings of ‘shall’, ‘shall not’ and ‘shall be’ permitted.
- Navigate to a specific Table or Diagram within the Code.
- Identify where the Definitions are in the Code.
Target Audience (Ontario Residents Only)
- Electrical trade journeypersons and apprentices
Estimated Completion Time
30 minutes (90-day course access)
* Complimentary access is only available to residents of Ontario. Participants must register for courses by March 30, 2022. Courses may be accessed for 90 days after registration.
Learn More About the Canadian Electrical Code
Developed with input from a broad cross-section of electrical industry experts and with cooperation from all provinces, territories and several key jurisdictions across Canada, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I is an integral part of the Canadian Electrical Safety System. Jurisdictions across Canada adopt the code as a model code for regulation, as is or with provincial or territorial interpretations.
Why Get Your Training From CSA Group?
You'll be guided through a comprehensive program of study that has been developed by a team of industry professionals, many of whom had direct involvement in the development of the relevant standards.
You'll gain in-depth knowledge of key changes to the latest edition of the standard and get answers to your specific questions from an experienced instructor.
CSA Group provides a wide range of training with dates and locations from coast to coast; customized training can also be provided onsite at your place of business.
CSA C22.1:21, Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- Pentium II 450MHz or higher, 128 MB RAM
- if using windows, we recommend XP or newer
For web browser:
- Internet Explorer 7 and up (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT Accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android)