Training - Online
CSA Z1008:21 Management of impairment in the workplace - Online Training
This course provides an overview of requirements highlighted in CSA Z1008:21, Management of impairment in the workplace. Following occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) principles, CSA Z1008:21 provides a framework for the management of impairment in the workplace and specific guidance for impairment due to substance use.
The course also explores the supporting implementation guideline CSA Z1008.1:21. This guideline provides small, medium, and large Canadian organizations with guidance on how to best apply CSA Z1008:21, with a focus on impairment due to substance use.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Detail the requirements on impairment management
- Identify CSA Z1008:21 requirements for leadership, management of impairment and specific programs
- Identify the hazards of workplace impairment and associated impact on the organization
- Identify challenges and opportunities for communications and education about working while impaired
- Describe additional requirements for impairment management programs related to substance use
- Locate guidance for CSA Z1008:21 clauses in the CSA Z1008.1:21 implementation guideline
This course is ideal for the following roles or similar:
- Senior management
- Health and safety managers
- Health and safety committee members
- Small and medium business owners
- HR Managers and staff
- Worker representatives
Estimated Completion Time
1 Hour (90 day course access)
- Using CSA Z1008:21 and the implementation guideline, CSA Z1008.1:21
- Impairment, hazard, and risk
- Implement CSA Z1008:21 to manage impairment
- Additional elements to manage impairment
- Considerations for substance testing
- Review and evaluation
- CSA Z1008:21, Management of impairment in the workplace
- CSA Z1008.1:21, Implementation guideline — A practical guide to implementing the CSA Z1008:21
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).