Training - Online
2021 Canadian Electrical Code - Section 84
This course is part of the CSA Group Modular Online Training Program. This online course provides an overview of Section 84 in the 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1. Rather than reviewing the Code in its entirety, this course is designed to provide an overview of Section 84 of the CE Code.
This Section applies to the installation of electric power production sources interconnected with a supply authority system and supplements or amends the general requirements of this Code.
A certificate of achievement is provided upon completion of the course.
For nearly 90 years, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I has been and continues to be a comprehensive model Code that provides guidance to help make electrical installations and equipment safer.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of a consumer-owned generation system being interconnected correctly with the supply authority system.
- Identify Section 84 requirements for interconnection.
- Describe the possible hazards of the two systems being out of synchronization.
- List actions to take for systems' protection, disconnection and isolation.
All professionals, apprentices and students in the electrical industry.
Estimated Completion Time
25 minutes (90 days course access)
CSA C22.1:21 Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).