Training - Online
2021 Canadian Electrical Code - Section 46
This course is part of the CSA Group Modular Online Training Program. This online course provides an overview of Section 46 in the 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1. Rather than reviewing the Code in its entirety, this course is designed to provide an overview of Section 46 of the CE Code.
Section 46 covers specific requirements for emergency power supply to the electrically connected life safety systems that are mandated by the National Building Code of Canada (NBCC) to be provided with the emergency power. These emergency power supply sources also include unit equipment for emergency lighting, and Section 46 covers installation of such unit equipment. The Scope of Section 46 also includes installation of electrically connected exit signs and wiring requirements between the emergency power supply and the life safety systems described by this Section.
A certificate of achievement is provided upon completion of the course.
For nearly 90 years, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I has been and continues to be a comprehensive model Code that provides guidance to help make electrical installations and equipment safer.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe emergency power supply requirements outlined in the National Building Code of Canada (NBC), CSA Cl282.
- Describe life safety systems, including signage, the appropriate types of power supply, and the equipment requirements outlined in the NBC.
- Describe supply connections, mounting procedures and the system test requirements, outlined in the NBC.
All professionals, apprentices and students in the electrical industry.
Estimated Completion Time
45 minutes (90 days course access)
CSA C22.1:21 Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).