Training - Online
2021 Canadian Electrical Code - Section 36
This course is part of the CSA Group Modular Online Training Program. This online course provides an overview of Section 36 in the 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1. Rather than reviewing the Code in its entirety, this course is designed to provide an overview of Section 36 of the CE Code.
Section 36 applies to installations operating at voltages in excess of 750 V.
This Section supplements or amends the applicable general requirements of this Code for installations operating at voltages of 750 V or less.
A certificate of achievement is provided upon completion of the course.
For nearly 90 years, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I has been and continues to be a comprehensive model Code that provides guidance to help make electrical installations and equipment safer.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the scope of Section 36.
- Describe the requirements for conductors high-voltage installation.
- Outline the necessary overcurrent protection for a particular circuit.
- Describe the requirements for disconnecting means of a high-voltage power distribution system.
- Outline the requirements for grounding and bonding for high-voltage installations.
All professionals, apprentices and students in the electrical industry.
Estimated Completion Time
20 minutes (90 days course access)
CSA C22.1:21 Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).