Training - Online
2021 Canadian Electrical Code - Section 30
This course is part of the CSA Group Modular Online Training Program. This online course provides an overview of Section 30 in the 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1. Rather than reviewing the Code in its entirety, this course is designed to provide an overview of Section 30 of the CE Code.
Section 30 is a supplementary Section of the Code that gives additional and specific requirements for the electrical installation of lighting equipment.
A certificate of achievement is provided upon completion of the course.
For nearly 90 years, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I has been and continues to be a comprehensive model Code that provides guidance to help make electrical installations and equipment safer.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the support requirements for installation of lighting equipment.
- Determine if a circuit breaker can be used as a control method.
- Identify the requirements to install recessed luminaires in areas with insulation.
- Identify the load limitations for luminaires using a ballast, driver or transformer.
All professionals, apprentices and students in the electrical industry.
Estimated Completion Time
20 minutes (90 days course access)
CSA C22.1:21 Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).