Training - Online
2021 Canadian Electrical Code - Section 20
This online course provides an overview of Section 20 in the 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1. Rather than reviewing the Code in its entirety, this course is designed to provide an overview of Section 20 of the CE Code.
Section 20 supplements or amends the general requirements of the Code and applies to installations as follows:
a) gasoline dispensing and service stations — Rules 20-002 to 20-014;
b) propane dispensing, container filling, and storage — Rules 20-030 to 20-042;
c) compressed natural gas refueling stations, compressors, and storage facilities — Rules 20-060 to 20-070;
d) commercial repair garages — Rules 20-100 to 20-112;
e) bulk storage plants — Rules 20-200 to 20-212;
f) finishing processes — Rules 20-300 to 20-314; and
g) aircraft hangars — Rules 20-400 to 20-422.
A certificate of achievement is provided upon completion of the course.
For nearly 90 years, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I has been and continues to be a comprehensive model Code that provides guidance to help make electrical installations and equipment safer.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify what qualifies as a hazardous location that deals with flammable liquid and gas.
- Label the hazard classification for each of the ears of a gasoline pump.
- Recognize which areas within propane dispensing filling and storage are considered hazardous.
- Identify Rule requirements for compressed natural gas refueling stations, compressors and storage facilities.
- Recognize requirements for hazardous areas where finishing processes occur.
All professionals, apprentices and students in the electrical industry.
Estimated Completion Time
30 minutes (90 days course access)
CSA C22.1:21 Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).