2021 Canadian Electrical Code - Section 12
Wiring methods – Online Training
This course is part of the CSA Group Modular Online Training Program. This online course provides an overview of Section 12 in the 2021 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1. Rather than reviewing the Code in its entirety, this course is designed to provide an overview of Section 12 of the CE Code.
Section 12 is a general Section of the Code that sets out requirements for wiring methods that apply to all Sections unless amended in a subsequent Section of the Code.
This Section applies to most wiring installations operating at 750 V or less as detailed in the code body
A certificate of achievement is provided upon completion of the course.
For nearly 90 years, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I has been and continues to be a comprehensive model Code that provides guidance to help make electrical installations and equipment safer.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Determine the type of wiring method permitted and the minimum safe installation requirements to meet the:
- conditions of the building construction
- environmental conditions
- conditions of location
- conditions of use
- customer's requirements
- requirements of the regulatory agencies
All professionals, apprentices and students in the electrical industry.
Estimated Completion Time
35 minutes (90 days course access)
CSA C22.1:21, Canadian Electrical Code, Part I
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).