Training - Online
2018 Canadian Electrical Code - Section 54 + 60
Community antenna distribution and radio and television installations – Online Training
This course is part of the CSA Group Modular Online Training. This online course provides a detailed overview of Section 54 and section 60 in the 2018 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1. Rather than reviewing the Code in its entirety, this course is designed to provide an overview of Section 54 and 60 of the CE Code.
1) This Section supplements or amends the general requirements of this Code and applies to
a) community antenna distribution;
b) equipment for the reception of radio and television broadcast transmission; and
c) equipment employed in the normal operation of a radio station licensed by the Government of Canada as an experimental amateur radio station.
2) This Section does not apply to equipment and antennas used for broadcast transmission and for coupling carrier current to power line conductors.
3) In Subrule 2), “broadcast” refers to one-way communication other than by community antenna distribution.
Material in this section also considers section 60 Electrical Communications Systems.
A certificate of achievement is provided upon completion of the course.
For nearly 90 years, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I has been and continues to be a comprehensive model Code that provides guidance to help make electrical installations and equipment safer.
- Gain an understanding of section 54 and 60 as it relates to high-voltage installations in the 2018 CE Code, Part 1
Estimated Completion Time:
- 30 minutes (90 day course access)
All professionals, apprentices and students in the electrical industry
C22.1-18 2018 Canadian Electrical Code
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
•Pentium II 450MHz or higher, 128 MB RAM
•if using windows, we recommend XP or newer
For web browser:
•Adobe Flash Player version 8 or better installed
•Internet Explorer 7 and up (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
•All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
Accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).