This course is part of the CSA Group Modular Online Training. This online course provides an overview of Section 8 in the 2018 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1. Rather than reviewing the Code in its entirety, this course is designed to provide an overview of Section 8 of the CE Code.
Section 8 is a general Section of the Code that provides requirements for the ampere rating of services, feeders, and branch circuits based on the calculated loads connected to these services, feeders, or branch circuits.
Section 8 deals with a variety of situations and environments, and assigns demand factors to certain loads, recognizing that, in practice, circuits, feeders, and services are not likely to attain maximum loading at the same time, as some loads (e.g., electric heating and air conditioning, etc.) do not operate in a building at the same time. Some types of loads are dealt with in other Sections, such as Section 28 for motors, Section 42 for welders, and Section 62 for electric space and surface heating.
This Section covers conductor ampacities and equipment ratings required for consumer’s services, feeders, and branch circuits, and demand factors and continuous and non-continuous loads.
A certificate of achievement is provided upon completion of the course.
For nearly 90 years, the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I has been and continues to be a comprehensive model Code that provides guidance to help make electrical installations and equipment safer.
- Gain a detailed understanding of section 8 as it relates to circuit loading and demand factors in the 2018 CE Code, Part 1
- Understand the requirements for the ampere rating of services, feeders, and branch circuits based on the calculated loads connected to these services, feeders, or branch circuits.
Estimated Completion Time:
- 30 minutes (90 day course access)
All professionals, apprentices and students in the electrical industry
C22.1-18 2018 Canadian Electrical Code
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
For web browser:
- Microsoft Edge (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
- All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
NOT accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).