The effective recruitment of professional services is a key component in the success of achieving project outcomes and optimizing infrastructure investments. Qualifications-Based Selection (QBS) uses a best practice approach to outline procedures that support the selection of professional consultants based on qualifications, experience and competence to meet the demands of a specific project.
This course provides a simulated experience through the QBS process and the core principles supporting this approach, in order to explore its relative strengths and limitations. Course participants will work through a series of scenarios and deal with specific challenges in order to select consultants to support a project over its life cycle.
- Understand key principles supporting the use of the Qualifications-Based Selection (QBS) approach in the recruitment of professional services for infrastructure projects
- Gain knowledge of the process and associated tasks for the QBS methodology
- Understand how the need for innovation, setting evaluation criteria, developing scope of work and negotiations are addressed within the QBS methodology
- Better understand the effective selection and procurement of professional consulting services in support of a capital investment project
About The Qualifications-Based Selection (QBS) Course
- Course participants will work through three scenarios that cover the QBS process, simulated issues facing real-world infrastructure projects and issues associated with evaluation criteria and negotiations
- Each of the three scenarios provides ongoing feedback on the course participant’s progress based on the resources employed and the overall effectiveness of their efforts as they work through the QBS methodology
- Detailed instructions and guidance on success measurement are provided throughout the simulation
- Registering for this course allows you to connect with an advisor, access to other team members and receive a constant flow of communications as you work through the QBS process
- Track your progress with a process map that provides a clear line of sight to each of the QBS process steps
- Municipal practitioners influencing or involved in selecting professional service providers for infrastructure projects
- Procurement practitioners
- Electrical engineers
- Professional service providers
- Owners and government agencies
- Consultants, contractors & builders
- Other associated practitioners
- 60 day Online Course Access
- Procurement Resource Kit including forms to support selection criteria, evaluation and interviews
None; practical experience and general awareness of procurement processes will be of benefit but are not required.
Note: Online training purchases will be activated within 1 business day.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
•Pentium II 450MHz or higher, 128 MB RAM
•if using windows, we recommend XP or newer
For web browser:
•Adobe Flash Player version 8 or better installed
•Internet Explorer 7 and up (we also support newer version of Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera)
•All pop-up blockers either disabled or set to allow pop-ups from this website; cookies enabled for this website
Accessible on mobile/portable devices such as iPads (iOS) and tablets (Android).