This Recommendation / International Standard defines a systems management function which may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized management environment to interact for the purpose of systems management as defined by CCITT Rec. X.700 / ISO/IEC 7498-4. This Recommendation / International Standard defines the state management function and consists of service and generic definitions. It is positioned in the application layer of CCITT Rec. X.200 / ISO/IEC 7498 and is defined according to the model provided by ISO/IEC 9545. The role of systems management functions is described by CCITT Rec. X.701 / ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation / International Standard
- establishes user requirements for the state management function;
- establishes models that relate the service and generic definitions provided by this function to user requirements;
- defines the services provided by the function;
- defines generic attribute types, notification types and parameters documented in accordance with CCITT Rec.X.722 / ISO/IEC 10165-4;
- specifies the protocol that is necessary in order to provide the services;
- defines the relationship between the service and management operations and notifications;
- specifies compliance requirements placed on other standards that makes use of these generic definitions;
- defines relationships with other systems management functions;
- specifies conformance requirements.
This Recommendation / International Standard does not
- define the nature of any implementation intended to provide the state management function;
- specify the manner in which management is accomplished by the user of the state management function;
- define the nature of any interactions that result in the use of the state management function;
- specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal and abnormal release of a management association;
- preclude the definition of further notification types;
- define managed objects
An update to this product is available.
To receive notifications when an amendment, new edition or update is available to your standard no matter how you purchased it, please register on the Standards Update Service. After registering, enter the List ID for the relevant standard. The List ID can be found in the “CSA Standards Update” section within the first few pages of the standard you’ve purchased. Once notified, you can then update your standard accordingly.
PDF Format Purchased from the CSA Store
If you have purchased or subscribed to a standard from the CSA Store in PDF format, login to your CSA OnDemandTM account to access the updated PDF.
Paper Format Purchased or Purchased from Reseller
If you have purchased a paper copy of the standard from the CSA Store or purchased a standard in paper or PDF format from one of our resellers, login to the Standards Update Service to download the updates in PDF format.
eBook Format Purchased
If you have purchased a standard in eBook format, login to the CSA Reader App to download the updated version of the standard.