This Recommendation / International Standard defines a Systems Management Function that may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized management environment to interact for the purpose of systems management, as defined by CCITT Rec. X.700 / ISO/IEC 7498-4. This Recommendation / International Standard defines a function which consists of generic definitions, services and functional units. This function is positioned in the application layer of CCITT Rec. X.200 / ISO/IEC 7498 and is defined according to the model provided by ISO 9545. The role of systems management functions is described by CCITT Rec. X.701 / ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation / International Standard
- establishes user requirements for this Recommendation / International Standard;
- establishes a test model that relates the service and generic definitions provided by this function to user requirements;
- defines generic object classes, attribute types, action types, notification types, packages and parameters documented in accordance with CCITT Rec. X.722 / ISO/IEC 10165-4;
- specifies compliance requirements placed on other standards that make use of these generic definitions;
- defines the service provided by the function;
- specifies the protocol that is necessary in order to provide the service;
- defines the relationship between this service and SMI operations and notifications;
- specifies the abstract syntax necessary to identify and negotiate the functional unit in protocol;
- defines relationships with other systems management functions;
- specifies conformance requirements to be met by implementations of this Recommendation / International Standard.
This Recommendation / International Standard does not
- define the nature of any implementation intended to provide the Test management function;
- specify the manner in which management is accomplished by the user of the Test management function;
- define the nature of any interactions which result in the use of the Test management function;
- specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal and abnormal release of a management association;
- specify the details of specific tests or test categories;
- specify a framework or methodology for conformance tests.
An update to this product is available.
To receive notifications when an amendment, new edition or update is available to your standard no matter how you purchased it, please register on the Standards Update Service. After registering, enter the List ID for the relevant standard. The List ID can be found in the “CSA Standards Update” section within the first few pages of the standard you’ve purchased. Once notified, you can then update your standard accordingly.
PDF Format Purchased from the CSA Store
If you have purchased or subscribed to a standard from the CSA Store in PDF format, login to your CSA OnDemandTM account to access the updated PDF.
Paper Format Purchased or Purchased from Reseller
If you have purchased a paper copy of the standard from the CSA Store or purchased a standard in paper or PDF format from one of our resellers, login to the Standards Update Service to download the updates in PDF format.
eBook Format Purchased
If you have purchased a standard in eBook format, login to the CSA Reader App to download the updated version of the standard.