News & Press
CSA Group Recognized as a Top Employer in Ohio
CSA Group, a global leader in standards development and a global provider of testing and certification services, has been selected as one of the Best Employers in Ohio 2021 by Best Companies Group.
CSA Group’s U.S headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio, is home to a world-class team of highly-skilled engineers, technicians and professionals, united by the organization’s mandate to hold the future to a higher standard.
The Best Employers in Ohio competition aims to identify and recognize the region’s best employers. CSA Group was selected as a top employer following a two-step process including an anonymous employee survey to measure the employee experience and a thorough evaluation of the organization’s policies, practices and demographics.
Responses from the 2021 employee survey commissioned by Best Companies Group, showed increased employee engagement and satisfaction across all survey categories compared to 2020. Some noteworthy survey results included:
- 98% of employees agreed that safety is a top priority at CSA Group, with 98% of employees indicating that they feel safe in their work environment
- 91% of employees agreed that overall, they were satisfied with CSA Group’s benefits package
- 95% of employees agree that they like the work that they do
- 90% of employees agree that they understand the long-term strategy of CSA Group
“CSA Group is honored to be recognized by Best Companies Group as one of the Best Employers in Ohio 2021,” said Rich Weiser, EVP, Global Operations and Cleveland site leader. “This recognition is particularly meaningful this year and a true testament to the tenacity of our employees, and our organization, who came together and persevered in the face of unprecedented change and adversity.”
For employees based in Ohio and around the world, CSA Group is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. Below is a selection of one of many initiatives that contributed to CSA Group’s recognition as one of the Best Employers in Ohio 2021:
- Mental Health: All CSA Group employees have access to complimentary training and resources to help them address psychological health and safety concerns, remove barriers to treatment and reduce stigma.
- Response to COVID: Guided by best-in-class health, safety, security and environment policies, CSA Group quickly acted to ensure employees were equipped to safely work from home, implemented safety policies to protect essential lab employees and leveraged technology to maintain connection and collaboration.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Global events highlighted the opportunity to re-focus efforts to ensure the strength of CSA Group’s diversity and inclusion policies, including the development of a new policy and council, and the introduction of company-wide training.
CSA Group’s Cleveland facility provides testing capabilities to help local and global manufacturers across a variety of industries including household appliances, consumer products, primary and secondary batteries, plumbing products and products for hazardous locations produce reliable and safer products and components. In 2015, CSA Group expanded its Testing and Certification for Hazardous Locations and Energy Storage, demonstrating a commitment to providing superior local services to customers in high growth sectors. Further expansion of the Cleveland facility is planned in 2022.
The full 2021 Best Employers in Ohio list is available on the Crain’s Cleveland Business website.
June 28, 2021
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.