News & Press
CSA Group Announces Appointment of Mary Cianchetti as President of Standards
Four other new executive appointments strengthen leadership team
CSA Group President and CEO David Weinstein is pleased to announce Mary Cianchetti has been promoted to President of Standards. Four other key executive appointments have also been made to strengthen the organizational leadership and promote CSA Group’s mission to contribute to social good.
- Mary Cianchetti is appointed as President of Standards and will lead the next chapter of standards development and ensure continued success in member engagement. Ms. Cianchetti is a proven leader within standards development with a strong technical background. She will lead standards in a new direction, focusing on conducting research and identifying new areas for standards development. Ms. Cianchetti’s most recent position was a dual role as Director of Health and Safety Standards and Membership. She has worked for CSA Group for 12 years in a variety of progressive roles and portfolios including energy efficiency, oil & gas and nuclear. Prior to joining CSA Group, Ms. Cianchetti worked in the wire and cable industry as a professional engineer.
In addition, four new appointments have been made to the CSA Group executive leadership team:
- Vikki Dunn is appointed Executive Vice President, Strategic Marketing and Communications, and will focus on market intelligence, corporate marketing, global public relations, internal and external communications, government relations, and digital media. Prior to joining CSA Group, Ms. Dunn ran Strategic Growth Advisors, a strategic marketing consulting firm, specializing in business growth and creating value through strategic planning and market research, defining the differentiated value proposition, driving stakeholder engagement, and enhancing brand and reputation.
- Farukh Javed is appointed Vice President and Chief Information Officer. Mr. Javed’s responsibilities include the development and implementation of the information technology strategy to support the corporate strategy and the leadership of the global IT function. Prior to joining CSA Group, Mr. Javed was the CIO for GlaxoSmithKline Inc. in Canada, a global leader in the pharmaceuticals industry, and at Proctor & Gamble in a number of senior level IT roles.
- Karim Nazarali is promoted to Vice President, Electrical and Gas Product Standards, which is a new role that will focus on the important intersection of standards development and testing, inspection and certification. Nazarali joined CSA Group in 2013 as Director, Electrotechnical Sector, Standards. He has over twenty five years of executive management experience in engineering, program and business unit management. Mr. Nazarali has extensive experience in leading global cross-functional teams on large-scale projects with Canadian and international government agencies.
- Kathryn Yung is promoted to Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and will lead the legal affairs team in delivering its vision of providing responsible, business-driven legal solutions. Ms. Yung recently returned from a posting in the UK where she was Regional Counsel for Europe. Prior to joining CSA Group, she worked for Imperial Oil’s legal team for national retail operations.
“I am very pleased to be working with Mary, Vikki, Farukh, Karim and Kathryn in their new leadership roles,” said David Weinstein, President and CEO, CSA Group. “Exceptional leadership is a vital component of a strong organization, and I am proud to add their knowledge and skills to the executive team. Their proven expertise will support our CSA Group vision to contribute to a better, safer, more sustainable world.”
About CSA Group
CSA Group is a global organization dedicated to safety, social good and sustainability. CSA Group is one of the largest standards development organizations in North America – conducting research and developing standards for a broad range of technologies and functional areas. CSA Group is also a global provider of testing, inspection and certification services for products in many market sectors – and a leader in safety and environmental certification for Canada and the US. The CSA certification mark appears on billions of products worldwide. For more information about CSA Group, please visit www.csagroup.org.
Manager, Media Relations
September 26, 2016
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us