Members Only Area
Terms of Service
1. By accessing the CSA Group (“Group”) Members Only Area, members agree to the following Terms of Service:
2. Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their Members Only Area password and account information, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under their password or account
. Members agree to:
a. immediately notify CSA of any unauthorized use of the Member’s password or account or any other breach of security, and
b. ensure that they exit from their account at the end of each session.
3. CSA cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from a Member’s failure to comply with this provision.
4. The CSA Members Only Area is to be used only for purposes related to the development of standards. CSA is not responsible for any use of the Members Only Area for other purposes. Any opinions expressed on the Members Only Area are the opinions of the Member who posted the information on the Members Only Area and not the opinions of CSA. All information, data, text, software, messages or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted using the CSA Members Only Area are the sole responsibility of the Member from which the Content originated. The Member, and not CSA, is entirely responsible for all Content that the Member uploads, posts, emails or otherwise transmits via the Members Only Area. CSA does not control the Content posted via the Members Only Area and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will CSA be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Members Only Area.
5. Members accessing the CSA Members Only Area agree that they will not use the Members Only Area to:
a. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
b. harm minors in any way;
c. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
d. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Members Only Area;
e. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that the member does not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
f. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
g. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
h. upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
i. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Members Only Area are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other Members’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
j. interfere with or disrupt the Members Only Area or servers or networks connected to the Members Only Area, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Members Only Area;
k. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law;
l. “stalk” or otherwise harass another user; or
m. collect or store personal data about other users.
6. Members acknowledge that CSA does not pre-screen Content, but that CSA and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, move or delete any Content that is available via the Members Only Area. Without limiting the foregoing, CSA and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the terms of this “Terms of Service” agreement or is otherwise objectionable. Members agree that they must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
7. Members acknowledge and agree that CSA may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce this Terms of Service agreement; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CSA, its users and the public.
8. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet and the fact that Members may be resident in many countries, Members agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, Members agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Canada, the United States or the country in which the member resides.
9. With respect to Content that Members elect to post for inclusion on the Members Only Area, Members grant to CSA a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works related to standards, standards development or other documentation supporting the development of standards or the advertising, marketing or publicizing of any of the foregoing, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
10. Members agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Members Only Area, use of the Members Only Area, or access to the Members Only Area.
11. CSA reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Members Only Area (or any part thereof) with or without notice. CSA shall not be liable to Members or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. Members agree that CSA in its sole discretion, may terminate Member’s password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Members Only Area, and remove and discard any Content within the Members Only Area, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if CSA believes that the Member has violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service.
We’re always here to help. Let’s talk.
We’re here to answer your questions and help you get started right away. Call or send us a message anytime.Contact Us